Hello Peoples! I went yesterday with my Uncle, my Aunt, and little cousin to the Hyundai plant in Montgomery, Alabama (HMMA) and I was going to have an awesome blog full of cool pictures.....until they told us they don't allow cameras on the tour. So here are a few Fun facts that I remember from the tour.
1) Hyundai is Korean for modern
2) At HMMA, the two cars that are made there are the Sonata and the Elantra
3) HMMA was featured in several television shows and magazines to be the most modern and technologically advance car plants in the world.
4) At the beginning of the start of the plant, steal is cut into sheets thinner than dimes and stamped into different car body parts.
5) each car is actually dunked in paint and rolled 360 degrees 11 times to make sure the base coat is even and covering the entire car body.
6) HMMA averages about 330,000 cars made a year.
These are all the facts that I could remember! There is sooo much more info that they told us but the tour was a little overwhelming. If you are interested in learning more about Hyundai, use Google! If you have a car plant near you that does tours, I encourage you to go visit them! It is definitely a unique experience!
Well that's all I can think of to post right now! Cheerio for now!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone